Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Update

So I think things are going VERY well. Please keep up with your prayers, there is still a ways to go.

Yesterday I only took ¼ pill of the Valium in the evening (no other pain meds) because I started to feel some of the muscles spasm at the end of the day. During the day… just the steroid. My pain levels have only been up to maybe #2 at the worst, but that is while sitting (I only DO that when I have 2). For the most part, the pain has not gotten past #1 level. Yesterday I was up and out of bed more. Mostly because I just want to get up and start some sort of ANYTHING. When I’ve gotten up, I will get in the inversion table before lying back down in bed.

When I start to feel the pressure build in my lower back, I get on the inversion table for a minute or two… sometimes more (if I start reading a book, I’ve accidentally stayed inverted about 20 minutes.) We also added a lumbar pillow to help my back get into the normal curved position.

I would like to get into a pool and start swimming as soon as possible, but I know I need to take baby steps, but for me… I seem to always jump in head first (usually after assessing how deep the water is).

I am still in bed or on the table 90% of the day, but I am very hopeful that I will be healed.

I don’t know what your take is, but I’m thinking there’s a little miracle happening here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy to get some great updates...been thinking about you guys often and praying for you. We miss you. Much love to you four.